Genetic linkage analysisKyazma ® focuses on genetic linkage analysis in diploid experimental populations. JoinMap ® is Kyazma's software product for computing genetic linkage maps and MapQTL ® is its software for linkage analysis of quantitative traits. The two products have their origins in plant genetics. They are utilized broadly in genetic research of many plant species. In early versions of the software, their methods were extended for the analysis of single full-sib families of outbreeding species. This enhanced the genetic linkage analysis in, for example, many fruit tree and forest tree species. Because this family type is not limited to plant species alone, the software has found its way to the genetic research of many other species than plants, for example fish, amphibians and crustaceans. In addition to producing software, Kyazma teaches introductory courses on genetic linkage mapping and QTL analysis.
• Maintenance update of JoinMap ® 5[30 March 2021]
An update of JoinMap 5 was released. Please, check out the release notes.
• Maintenance update of MapQTL ® 6[13 November 2020]
An update of MapQTL 6 was released. Please, check out the release notes.
• Textbook hint:
Genetic Mapping in Experimental PopulationsAuthors: J.W. Van Ooijen & J. Jansen
Publisher: Cambridge University Press
Date: August 2013
This concise introduction to genetic mapping in diploid species teaches the theory behind map construction, explains the computations involved at each stage, and provides exercises and problem solving tips. It will enable graduate students and researchers in the life sciences to employ methods effectively and to achieve more reliable results.
• Practical coverage enables readers to effectively use the currently available software for achieving more reliable results
• Includes a description of eight of the most common map ordering algorithms
• Contains a detailed explanation on map construction in an outbreeding species full-sib family
• Written specifically for life science researchers; does not assume any background in mathematics or statistics