Genetic linkage analysisKyazma ® focuses on genetic linkage analysis in diploid experimental populations. JoinMap ® is Kyazma's software product for computing genetic linkage maps and MapQTL ® is its software for linkage analysis of quantitative traits. The two products have their origins in plant genetics. They are utilized broadly in genetic research of many plant species. In early versions of the software, their methods were extended for the analysis of single full-sib families of outbreeding species. This enhanced the genetic linkage analysis in, for example, many fruit tree and forest tree species. Because this family type is not limited to plant species alone, the software has found its way to the genetic research of many other species than plants, for example fish, amphibians and crustaceans. In addition to producing software, Kyazma teaches introductory courses on genetic linkage mapping and QTL analysis.
• Plant & Animal Genome XXVI Conference, 13-17 January 2018Kyazma will be present at the next PAG Conference in San Diego, CA, USA. Visit Kyazma's booth (nr. 617) in the Grand Exhibit Hall, or come to a workshop session on Monday 15th, 12:50 pm - 3:00 pm, Pacific Salon 4 and 5, where live demonstrations of JoinMap and MapQTL will be given.
• Released: stable early edition of JoinMap ® version 5[28 April 2017]
The final release of JoinMap v5 is still several months in the future. Because of the demand, a first stable early edition is released. Following this first release, subsequent update releases in the months afterwards will receive the remaining to be added functions.
Version number 5 of JoinMap is developed to be able to deal with large numbers of loci. The major technical improvements with respect to versions 4 and 4.1 are: (a) the change towards 64-bit software, (b) making the program use an embedded database system for storing all data and (c) parallelization of some algorithms. In addition to these technical improvements, several aspects of the various algorithms and the user interface are (and will be) enhanced .
The change to 64-bit allows access to more system memory, which is useful for very large datasets. Using an embedded database system (SQLite) greatly improves the responsiveness of the user interface with large datasets; due to the 'embedded' property, the database system requires no special installation and usage instructions. Finally, parallelization increases the computational speed on systems with multi-core CPUs, of which now all available computional cores will be utilized.
New features of JoinMap 5 (size: ~140 KB) Read this document about the status of the current release.
Upgrade discounts are available for owners of licenses for version 4 and version 4.1.
• Maintenance updates of JoinMap ® 4 and 4.1[31 July 2013]
Updates of JoinMap 4 and 4.1 were released with a useful new feature: a new Grouping node menu function 'Assign Identical Loci to Their Groups'. Please read more about the details in the Release notes. The updates are available for free for licensed users.
• Maintenance update of MapQTL ® 6[12 March 2013]
An update of MapQTL 6 was released that corrects an error in IM and MQM analyses on BCBxFy populations.
• Textbook hint:
Genetic Mapping in Experimental PopulationsAuthors: J.W. Van Ooijen & J. Jansen
Publisher: Cambridge University Press
Date: August 2013
This concise introduction to genetic mapping in diploid species teaches the theory behind map construction, explains the computations involved at each stage, and provides exercises and problem solving tips. It will enable graduate students and researchers in the life sciences to employ methods effectively and to achieve more reliable results.
• Practical coverage enables readers to effectively use the currently available software for achieving more reliable results
• Includes a description of eight of the most common map ordering algorithms
• Contains a detailed explanation on map construction in an outbreeding species full-sib family
• Written specifically for life science researchers; does not assume any background in mathematics or statistics